TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETING SERVICE
DO YOU NEED A TRANSLATOR OR SOMEONE TO HELP YOU COMMUNICATE WHEN SEEING A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL?
Community Interpreting Service (CIS)
CIS is a long-established specialist interpreting and translation service that provides solutions to the linguistics needs of public services and their clients.
It uses trained and accredited interpreters and translators in more than 60 Languages and offers a reliable, confidential and impartial service.
- are trained to help you communicate with your clients in an efficient and professional manner, are impartial, and observe strict confidentiality at all times
- clarify any cultural misunderstandings
- Create the opportunity for a positive exchange of information between you and a non-English speaking client.
Interpreters for health professionals
The help of an interpreter is essential while dealing with patients whose command of English is not good enough to understand or express their needs adequately when:
- taking the case history from the patient
- explaining the purpose and describing test procedures and gaining consent
- giving and explaining test results
- giving a diagnosis and prognosis
- Prescribing treatment.
IF YOU NEED HELP PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU LET THE RECEPTIONIST KNOW WHEN BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
ALTERNATIVELY YOU CAN ARRANGE YOURSELF ON 01634 331468